Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Run, Run, Breathe, Run some more

Ah. So Lacrosse season has started. Or Spring Sports season for all you other athletes out there. It's been approximately 4 months since the end of field hockey, and oh how out of shape I am. Surprisingly, I have not collapsed, so hey! a good thing!

My schedule is so hectic, and classes are interesting! We just interviewed Mrs. Diodati the other day, and what an interesting person! I just listened to this presentation about American Chinese Food by Jennifer 8. Lee from the NY Times, and it was very enlightening! Notice that American comes before Chinese, yeah, because it's more American than anything else. But, it's still pretty yummy, so check out Fu Lin Restaurant! (2235 Bel Pre Rd Silver Spring MD) yeah, I know that I just advertised, but it's so delish! 

Oh. Here is the link for the presentation. She is so funny. 

So here is something completely unrelated...Friends Lists, I don't mean facebook, I mean the long, long list I have of people that I want to be friends with. You know that urge to talk to people that you like? When you have a crush on them? This is the same feeling, but I just really want to be their best friends! It's actually worse for me because when I want to friend someone, I often talk to them as much as I can so that we can bond! This action is often misconstrued as me crushing on that person. That is a no-no. 

I have spending a lot of time with Kiera Zitelman, I feel like I am starting to talk like her, which is completely fine because she's rad. But it's weird that I pick up speech habits, or just habits. I picked up Andrew Joseph's habit of holding my shirt with my hands. This action is sometimes me being nervous, me having no idea what to do with my hands, or me just bored so I hold my shirt in my hands. (what? yeah I know. weird.)

So...I really want to write in a certain way, because write now I am typing whatever that pops into my head onto the blank expanse of internet space. I want to write with some sort of purpose. I am not sure when that will be happening, but it's gotta be soon because I have a synthesis essay in English soon and I frankly stink at writing timed essays. 

Diverging thought!

The 90s should not come back, I heard something about how 90s fashion is coming back. That was a dark time in fashion, if that happens... oh dear. That weird fabric-substance that winter coats were often fashioned out of, polyester? nylon blend? with awful patterns of neon colored stripes and shapes? That's just bad. 

These are my thoughts for the last couple of days. Will add more later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment